|Line Weight:||4 wt.|
|Tip Size:||4.0 (~1.6mm)|
Sage Igniter Fly Rod Blank 9'0" 4 wt. 490-4 IGNITER
TECHNICAL CONDITIONS / ULTRA-FAST ACTION
The most demanding conditions require a different kind of tool. Strong head wind? Fish at distance? Bulky rigs? Heavy sink-tips? The IGNITER is tuned to handle the most technical of conditions. Not a rod for the everyday angler, the IGNITER is equipped with a high line speed taper to carry large amounts of line at distance with wind cutting performance. Perfect for streamer fishing with heavy sink tips or covering big water when conditions turn south. If you bring the will, the IGNITER will supply the way.
- Windy conditions
- Long casts & line carry
- Accuracy & loop control
- Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
- KonneticHD™ technology
- Ultra Fast action
- Chipotle blank color
KonneticHD Technology is the next era in performance graphite rods. Optimizing our graphite-to-resin ratio, we have created a higher density (HD) fiber composite, resulting in lighter, stronger blanks which deliver unmatched recovery, energy transfer, and line/loop control. Building upon proprietary construction techniques developed for Konnetic Technology, KonneticHD gives us an elevated platform to achieve new levels in rod design.
FROM HAND TO FLY – HD GIVES YOU MORE.
- New proprietary graphite/resin composite developed through exclusive partnerships.
- Advanced high density (HD) fiber positioning, enhanced laminate characteristics, and optimized manufacturing techniques increase composite modulus while maintaining durability.
- KonneticHD creates amplified strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios as needed within the rod blank.
- Optimized fiber-to-fiber energy transfer along the length of the blank minimizes both lateral and medial vibrations, delivering accuracy in an easy loading blank with quick recovery, a crisp tip stop, and enhanced line feel for complete loop control.
- The highest energy transferring material we have ever created, opening new doors for our R&D Team to experiment with construction techniques, taper designs, and action profiles.