Visual Weave Software
While Supplies Last
VisualWEAVE is new Weave Design Software for Custom Rod Builders. It is designed to make the job of creating grid patterns and Left Lists for weaving as simple as possible. The software allows you to easily:
- Load an image file,
- Create a grid pattern, and
- Create a Left List
VisualWEAVE is from David Boyle, author of the VisualWRAP Cross Wrap Design Software. It draws on the author’s extensive experience in writing and supporting software written specifically for Custom Rod Builders, and incorporates ideas and suggestions drawn from many of the leading practitioners of the art of weaving.
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Import image files from photos, scans etc (bmp, jpg, etc) or start with a blank grid.
- Automatically create a grid pattern from an imported image.
- Choice of ‘Simple’ or ‘Advanced’ sizing modes. Simple sizing allows you to specify the number of rows & columns. Advanced sizing takes into account the size of the rod, thread sizes and desired finished pattern size to suggest a resulting grid size.
- Auto color-matching. The software chooses the closest available thread colours to match the colors in the original image.
- Palette-limiting. This allows you to select which thread colors the software can use in the grid pattern.
- Preloaded with typical thread colours from known manufacturers.
- Grid editing tools for easy manipulation of the grid image (freehand paint, outline, block, fill, erase, swap, undo).
- Ability to underlay the original image beneath the grid for comparison or pattern tracing.
- Print to any scale.
- Ability to print nicknames along with colors.
- Advanced printing options allow you to change the shape of the printed grid cell, making it easier to weave directly from the printed grid. Traditional software only lets you print rectangular grid cells.
- Advanced layer handling, allowing you to specify which threads appear on which layers.
- Automatic Left List creation.
- Save projects for loading and/or editing at a later time.
- Help files